Picoma Industries, Inc. was founded in 1946 under the name of Pipe Coupling Mfrs., Inc., where production focused on the fabrication of steel pipe couplings utilized by gas, oil and water industries, as well as rigid conduit couplings for electrical raceways. Because of Pipe Coupling Mfrs., Inc.’s internal threading expertise they quickly developed a reputation for high quality and quick-service standards. This led to incorporating a more complete portfolio of products for electrical distributors, including rigid and EMT elbows, rigid nipples, and running thread pipe.
In 1966, Pipe Coupling Mfrs., Inc. designed and introduced 2½", 3" and 4" EMT elbows and set screw couplings and connectors. After a name change to Picoma Industries, Inc. in 1970, Picoma designed and introduced intermediate metal conduit (lMC) elbows in standard and special radius types in 1975.